The American Legion Auxiliary
In the spirit of Service, not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
The vision of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion while becoming the premier service organization and foundation of every community providing support for our veterans, our military, and their families by shaping a positive future in an atmosphere of fellowship, patriotism, peace and security.
In fulfillment of our Misson, the American Legion Auxiliary adheres to the following purposes:
- To support and advocate for veterans, active military and their families
- To support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion
- To foster patriotism and responsible citizenship
- To award scholarships and promote quality education and literacy
- To provide educational and leadership opportunities that uphold the ideals of freedom and democracy and encourage good citizenship and patriotism in government
- To increase our capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
- To empower our membership to achieve personal fulfillment through Service Not Self
Our statement of values is predicated on the founding purposes:
- Commitment to the four founding principles: Justice, Freedom, Democracy, Loyalty
- Service to God, our country, its veterans and their families
- Tradition of patriotism and citizenship
- Personal integrity and family values
- Respect for the uniqueness of individual members
- Truthful open communication in dealing with the public and our members
- Adherence to the adopted policies and rules
Interested in becoming a member of the Auxiliary?
Eligibility Requirements Membership:
A woman who is eligible for membership in The American Legion is also eligible to join the American Legion Auxiliary.
The mother, wife, daughter, sister, grand-daughter, great-grand-daughter, or grandmother of members of The American Legion, and deceased veterans who served in the United States Armed Forces during the listed war eras.
Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)
- Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
- Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
- Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
- April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)
The Auxiliary meets on the 2nd Tuesday of every month, from September through June. Please contact Janis Navo or stop in and see what we are all about!